Re: Webers on TRs

To: highwaystar@juno.com
Subject: Re: Webers on TRs
From: triumph@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 98 09:15:14 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Pouya wrote:
        > What's the additional HP I can expect?

The Webers by themselves will not give you any HP increase at all.
If anything, you will see performance decrease, in addition to the
hassle of gummed plugs, etc.

The increase in HP from all the work required to make the Webers work (such
as cam, 10:1 compression, headers etc) would be around 160+, depending
on the cam.  It's the increase in compression that makes HP.
The cam, Webers and exhaust manifold allow more gas to flow.

Putting on Webers requires a large investment of time and money,
requiring that the engine be rebuilt with performance in mind. Webers
are a bad idea on stock, Federalized motors, though I would expect them
to be quite sweet on the early FIs.

        Shane Ingate, planning my own Weber installation, in San Diego