Re: TR4A Choke control will not stay pulled

To: "INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Choke control will not stay pulled
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 09:00:12 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:Brad.Kahler@141.com
>My  MGB had that but its the only one I can remember.<

Hmmmm.  If my TR doesn't have it and MGB does, what does that tell you?
Nothing good.

I guess my Austin, being made by the remains of BMC may have used an MGB
style choke cable.

I wonder if I can retro-fit an MGB locking choke to my car with the original
knob?

I do have 2 clothes pins around here somewhere.  It is just embarassing to
have to use such a thing!  Maybe I can make a slotted plastic block.  One
side longer than the other so it will hold 3/4 choke and 1/2 choke positions.
I have a huge bar of lucite waiting for something to do.

-Tony