Re: Where is the BHM?

To: Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be
Subject: Re: Where is the BHM?
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 18:26:51 -0800
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be wrote:

> Date sent:              Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:44:01 -0600 (CST)
> From:                   Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
> To:                     triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject:                Where is the BHM?
> Send reply to:          Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
>

> > In the last issue of Moss Motoring they describe the Heritage Museum
<snip>

> > TIA
> >
> > Michael Mason...late of St. Louis
> >       And everyone in England will know me, I'll be driving on the
> >               wrong side of the road!  ;-)
> >

> Hello Michael,
> If you follow the M40 northwest bound from London direction
> Birmingham you will find Gaydon at exit 12 after Banbury
> before Warwick.It's located on B4100
> regards and welcome in old Europe
> Jean Roulleaux

Listers,

For detailed maps go to www.mapquest.com

Click on "Maps" at the top center/right, type in Gaydon and type in
England. Voila!

I've had several of my greatest driving adventures in England! The
"wrong or right" side of the road wasn't the issue! It was mainly the
gearshift under my left hand that drove me crazy! Nearly ripped the
tranny out of a new Mondeo with less than 3000 miles (or was that
kilometers). That, backing out of a driveway and pedestrians were the
greatest challenge! Don't worry about gas mileage, most of the rental
sewing machines that serve as transportation sip fuel from a thimble.

I'll never forget the drive into London from Heathrow after an overnight
flight from Calif. Got directions to our hotel near Whitehall and were
instructed to stay clear of Trafalgar Square, as there was a major
protest rally going on (I forget what).

Of course, you can guess where we ended up. Picture several hundred
protestors in the middle of the square, approx. 600 cops in riot gear
around the perimeter and two American tourists in their rental circling
in between! Peter Sellers material! I still don't know if we were
circling in the "right or the wrong" direction! Didn't matter, we were
the only car! I must say tho, lot's of friendly folks providing
directions!

Next trip to London we used the Underground!

Forgive the digression. Back to my corner now.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L
--