re: re: converting radio to positive ground

To: "'triumphs list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: re: converting radio to positive ground
From: "Zempel, David W" <david.w.zempel@lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:37:48 -0800
Wow, thanks for the input.  I'll have to check the radio for a +/- ground
switch tonight.  Yes it's an original Triumph AM only radio.  I don't know
what year it was manufactured.  Maybe the date is stamped on it somewhere or
there is a serial number on it that can be used.  Does anybody know how to
determine any of this.  It's a good thing Randall brought out the point
about the antenna, I hadn't thought of that yet.  Might have missed it. I
guess I should consider converting to negative ground, I hadn't even thought
of that.  I thought I had seen an article on the conversion process on SOL.
I just looked, couldn't find it. Anybody know where it is?

In all reality, I probably won't convert the electrical to negative ground.
The car runs great as it is and all of the electrical works, at least during
the daytime.  Since I don't drive the car much, the radio is only there to
fill a hole in the dash, however, it would be nice if when someone turned it
on I could get some static or something.

Got to go, the boss is coming,

Dave Zempel
'63 TR4 Surreytop
Sunnyvale, CA.