TR3 Tachometer drive

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Tachometer drive
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:31:52 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Scions,

As my engine rebuild work progresses I am finding I have yet another
unanswered question.

I have just finished cleaning up the tachometer drive components.  All the
gears and bushings are in good shape and everything looks solid.  I was
getting ready to apply some (Redline) assembly lube, as I did in my oil pump
(right before I dropped it into a ziplock, awaiting engine reassembly) when
I thought about how the tachometer drive assembly gets lubrication during
normal operation.  I'm stumped.  We've got some bronze (brass) gears here so
the initial lubrication may be all it gets.

Can anyone provide some guidance here?  Also, if this area does not get an
oil from the engine, should I lube it with motor oil, grease or "fluif"?

Thanks,

Jack Brooks
TS69032L
Hillsdale, NJ