Re: TR6 OD question

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 OD question
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 11:15:49 -0500
Randall Young wrote:

> Sounds like Brian has the right story!
> I hereby retract all my objections to slowing O/D engagement by adjusting the
>operating
> lever.
>
> However, since I've personally seen two different units that were marginal in
>2nd gear
> behind somewhat tweaked 4 bangers, I still plan to declutch ... <g>
>
> Randall

Randall,

I do agree with you.  I think the best way to keep an OD alive for a long time
is to keep it
from seeing too much torque.  I personally never normally use my OD in the
lower gears,
except for testing and evalutation.  I use OD only in top gear and use it
frequently, much
like a 5th gear.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars