Re: What Should Be Done First?

To: Wayne and Debbie Tallack <tallack@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: What Should Be Done First?
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 23:07:27 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Wayne and Debbie Tallack wrote:

> This spring/summer I'd like to put some coin into my car.  What area do
> listers think should be tackled first?
>
> - cosmetics ie paint interior etc.
> - engine/tranny
> - suspension
>
> Given the vast experience here, what do listers think? I know this may be
> something like how many angels on the head of a pin but I'd just like to
> hear some ideas and experiences.
>
> 1972 TR6 CC83984U
> Page and car both under constant repair)
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/tallack

Brakes first.
Then suspension and drivetrain.
Engine.
Cosmetics.

Purely MHO, but my reasoning is that you don't fix what makes
the car go fast (engine) before you fix what makes it stop and handle.
And you also don't spend money making a car look pretty when it's a lemon
underneath the skin.

Farm out the hard stuff, do what you can yourself, and take your time.

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6