re:OD speedo

To: Kramer <ebk@buffnet.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:OD speedo
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:54:50 -0500
>Tony, I have a TR4/A IRS that was shipped to San Franciso (sp) with a
>4.1 Diff. & OD. As I have written to you before, I'm NOT sure which
>speedometer came in the car because when I did the restoration I had
>mixed-up the many speedometers that I have. I belive that it was
>#13(58?). The reason I know that it was an orginially shipped in to the
>USA is that I have the paperwork cert. from the BMHT? [or some letters
>like that]. When I restored it, I counted the gears & then noticed that
it was stamped with letters on top of the casing which I later found out
>that it denoted it as a 4.1 Diff.
>       I'm going to get around to changing the speedometers to the 13(58?)
>when I get this D** log cabin built & get all my belongings out of
>storage.
>       This is one of the many reasons that I don't answer the list's
>question, because everything is in storage & I can't document my advice
>that I wish to give. -Cosmo Kramer<

Cosmo,

I had forgotten that you had an original factory 4.1.  I'd be VERY interested
in what calibration the speedo had (has) when you dig it up.  My
car with 185 tires seems to want a 1344.  It seems like 1358 is not a possible
calibration.  I think that 1312 would be the factory speedo in the 1300's.
The other one would be 1280.

Yours makes TWO that I know of from the factory with a 4.1 rear!  Thanks for
reminding my rusty brain.  You may be the only person around here to be able
to verify one of the proper speedos for the 4.1 TR4A.

-Tony