Re: Survey: who has 3.7 or 4.1 differentials

To: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Survey: who has 3.7 or 4.1 differentials
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 22:43:23 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tony,

Thank you for letting Brian volunteer you for this chore! Your
tabulations are excellent, as I recall.

I am 95% certain my TR4 has a 4.1:1 ratio diff., no matter what it says
on the axle. No OD, as yet. 8^(

What did it originally have? Dunno, thanx to the DPO (boy autocrosser),
the DPPO (boy or girl unknown) and the DCO (boy road racer/rallyist).

I will know the ratio & casing markings for certain when I pull the rear
end out of the car in the next few weeks for its 37 year/370,000 mile
checkup ("Say, aaahhh"). Probably should change the oil, too, huh?

It currently doesn't have overdrive, as that new tranny/OD is still
getting prepped. But, it will! Eventually! It will be the early style A
type OD with the 1-3/4" accumulator, in case you decide to survey that,
too.

Just imagine the speedo error! 14 x 7  chrome wheels (they came off a
TR4 with FLAMES painted behind the flared wheel wells!), 60 series tires
& a 4.1! "But officer, I REALLY DIDN'T know how fast I was going!" 8^<

In an effort to comply with the law, I removed the 14 x 7 wheels! But
now I'm adding an OD! 8^}

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L "The horror! The horror!" 8^0

Note to self: the only flames will be via the Internet.

--
MZ