Re: Mustang...Spitfire???

To: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Mustang...Spitfire???
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:41:00 -0800
Cc: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>, Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Scott,
Them was da words of "Car and Driver" and applied to the 64-1/2 Mustang
(a pretty tame hoss at best).  In the intervening years, Ford had the
presence of mind (and competition) to put a little more kick in the
pony's hooves.  The 68 was substantially a better car and by far more
"sporty" than the original one.

Personally, I liked the '67 Camaro I once had better than any of the
Mustangs (except perhaps the Shelby ones) but that is a matter of
personal opinion.  With its 230 ci. 6 cylinder it was undefeated in
autocross competition in a class that included all GT types of over 2000
cc.  You're right, it's the driver (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Regards,
Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer