RE: Hella H4's

To: jaltman@altlaw.com
Subject: RE: Hella H4's
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:16:47 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 jaltman@altlaw.com wrote:

> My thanks to all who replied to my Hella post.  To my surprise both bulbs
> inside were good.  They are 55/66's and I think I'll leave them be till they
> need replacing.  They  fit fine and work great.  I am left with the
> impression that there may be a "right" and "left" to them, but I couldn't
> really discern any difference between the bulbs or the patterns they throw.
> Any thoughts on that one?

My H4's throw the "recognizable H4 low-beam pattern".  A horizontal bar
that slopes downward on the right; that's where the low beams cut off.

Both lights throw the same pattern.

My dad had H4s in his truck years ago, and people were always getting mad
at him for "hi-beaming".  Just the way the H4s have a cutoff.

Because the TR4 is so low, I think I might upgrade the wiring when I pull
the valance back into shape and put some of those "wilt-the-trees" bulbs
in.  It would be nice to keep the speed up driving the twisty country
roads at night 'round here... :->

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm