TR6 diff mount repairs decision

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 diff mount repairs decision
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:58:27 -0800
Thanks to everyone for the input on these damned diff mounts!  Based on the
replies I've received, I've made the following decision:

I'll be going with the mobile welder, I'll expect that the bill for the
welding will be well under $100.  I'll also replace the OEM mounts (which
are only 10 years old) with poly and the reinforcing plates will run about
$50, so total cost will be perhaps $200.

The local LBC mechanic's figures for doing JUST THE WELDING was close to
$200.  Forget that!!  And I gather from all of you that have had a mobile
welder who likely has never seen the underside of a TR6 (or any TR, for
that matter) do this work that it must not be that important that they be
familiar with the car or the process to do a good job.

Thanks to all for the support and guidance!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6