Powder coating, new product?

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Powder coating, new product?
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 22:55:58 -0800
Listers,

I just surfed over to www.eastwoodco.com because I've been contemplating
getting one of their powder coating outfits. About the only thing
stopping me was where I was going to put an oven in my garage to cure
the various bits and pieces, plus the size limitations of any oven I'm
likely to find (used) at a price I'm willing to pay (cheap!)...

Lo & behold, in mid-April they will be offering a new product that looks
pretty cool... well, bad word choice I suppose. It's an infra-red lamp
set up for curing large powder coated parts! Kinda pricey at $450, but
what a great idea! Heck, I may powder coat my TR4 frame after all! I may
powder coat the whole dang car! And the dog, and the neighbor's cat!
Maybe even the neighbor himself!

But... $450??!! Shoot, if it were a guaranteed-go-fast part for the ole
project car, it would be on order... I gotta talk myself into this one!
Just thot you should know.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L

(all the usual vendor-related disclaimers apply)

--
MZ