Coil Q again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Coil Q again
From: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:07:00 +0000
        Got no reply to this one, so I'll try again, I hope somebody knows.
The original ignition coil from my TR2, painted black with a flanged base
and Bakalite top. On the top between the two terminals there is a screw
which screws into a raised pillar on the coil. Does anybody know the
function for this screw. I know some coils were oil filled and I thought
this might be a filler plug, but on removing the said screw (I hope this
does no damage) it would appear not to be the case. I have seen this same
coil complete with screw in Piggott's TR2, 3, 3A book but he does not
mention it. Are you stumped or what??????

John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
Trinity College
Dublin,
IRELAND.