PI/Bosch Line Pressure

To: Triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: PI/Bosch Line Pressure
From: davhill@cwcom.net
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 22:24:24 +0000
Hello All,

I may be blind, mad or stupid but I have only just figured out that my
PI saloon already has a Bosch pump. It seems to be some sort of kit
installation with crimped high pressure joints.

Question is, has someone fitted this without adjusting the regulator. I
know the Bosch pump runs at higher pressure than the Lucas one but is
there a benchmark setting for the reg? Nothing appears to leak but there
is a permanent smell of stale fuel in the car, which I put down to a
breather needing re-routing.

The pump kit looks pretty new but the pump does go 'moo' briefly on
starting after a longish period unused. This never happened on my 2 VW
Golfs(Rabbits in US), Porsche 944, TVR or Sierra 2.8 4X4 Turbo (yes, I'm
namedropping). Could this indicate low feed pressure from the tank and
the possible need for a helper pump?

thanks in anticipation,

Dave Hill