RE: I' shocked... SHOCKED I tell you...

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: I' shocked... SHOCKED I tell you...
From: Stuart Steele <ssteele@switchsolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 15:03:14 -0600
Hello List:

Tom Walling writes:

>   Oh yeah, if anyone has a secret method of
>   removing the top nut on the shock ( the
>   entire "rod" keeps turning, and the nut
>   is really tight), please share it.

Within the realm of my limited experience with shock absorbers, there is
usually either a hexagonal socket in the end of the rod, for use with an
allen wrench, or the end of the rod has two flats worked into it after
some fashion, suitable for gripping in all manner of ways.  Presumably,
if nothing like this presents itself, you might be able to lock two nuts
together near the top of the shaft, and work the sticking nut upwards,
if there is enough threaded length.

Stuart Steele