Re: Dust Covers/Wheel Cylinders

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dust Covers/Wheel Cylinders
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 17:40:44 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 28 Mar 1999 Rikrock@aol.com wrote:

> I love that line, "assembly is reverse of removal".

In my case, it would go something like this:

1.  Sit down somewhere comfortable with a cold beverage of your choice.
Don't drink it yet.
2.  Cover the refurbished part with dirt, grease and corrosion.
3.  Use a simple catapult to trace the parabolic path followed by
aforementioned part when it came off the car to mount it on the car. For
brake parts, it is sufficient to "toss" them into position (see
"projectile motion").  It may take several tries to get everything lined
up.
4.  Use the cutting torch to fasten the part into place.  If space allows,
mangle the part with vise-grips, the BFH, and a screwdriver.
5.  Using simple hydraulic techniques, encourage any required fluids that
may have been lost in removal (ow! my eye!!) to coagulate themselves and
return From Whence They Came.  It may help to mix some dirt, grease and
corrosion into the fluids (especially if you lost the originals and are
using replacements) so they they will stick.
6.  Smear more dirt, grease, and corrosion onto the
now-fastened part.  Make sure any nuts or fittings have been rounded off
so that the next person to work on this car will have just as much fun as
you did.
7.  Go inside and pour the aforementioned beverage back
into its container.  Do not enjoy.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm