Re:'72 TR6 carbon cannister/emissions

To: Brent Cavanaugh <bcavanaugh@home.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:'72 TR6 carbon cannister/emissions
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:26:32 -0500
Brent

I think the hose connection you're talking about goes to the run-on valve that
should/might be below your carbon canister.  That valve should have two
connection points with the other being a hose that goes to the rear carb (or
more specifically a vacuum T connection on the manifold side on the top of the
rear carb).

FYI I don't have a run-on valve and the hose on the carbon canister is not
connected to anything and is routed under the car (bear in mind that my set-up
(carbs and canister) isn't correct for a 71 TR6 but it works.  I'm in the
process of changing to 71 carbs and will eventually use the carbon canister only
for fuel tank vapor recovery.

My experience is that the bottom connection on the canister can be plugged or
not hooked to anything and it doesn't affect the way the car runs.  The flow in
that hose goes either way depending on if the run-on valve is open or shut.
Without the valve it becomes just another inlet for air into the carbon
canister.   I assume the Webers didn't use the hose from the run-on valve and
that's why it wasn't connected to anything.

BTW you can send me those webers if you don't want them any more.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446