Clutch Failure - any ideas???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Failure - any ideas???
From: Art & Karen Graves <denseboy@bga.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:05:37 -0800
Mike,

For a different twist on the same subject, I also placed the clutch slave
cyinder bleed
screw on the bottom. It just seemed the logical spot since a bottom placement
would not
allow fluid (or fluif) to run out over the slave cylinder and hydrolic line. It
was
difficult to bleed (I manually pushed the push rod all the way in to force out
the air
before I bled it) but the clutch works fine. Now that I've read here that it is
wrong,
I'll have to go out this weekend and switch the bleed screw and hydrolic line.
My only
consolation is that it should be easier to bleed this time around!

Thanks for pointing this out to me!

Art Graves
1976 TR6
Austin, Texas