Fwd: clutch hydraulics (F Magnusson)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: clutch hydraulics (F Magnusson)
From: FMags2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:01:28 EDT

--part1_280b34ab.243bec48_boundary

From: FMags2@aol.com
Full-name: FMags2
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 14:04:46 EST
To: triumphs-owner@autox.team.net

--part2_280b34ab.2437c04e_boundary

From: FMags2@aol.com
Full-name: FMags2
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 14:03:41 EST
Subject: clutch hydraulics
To: stag@digest.net

I've just started rebuilding all of the hydraulics, starting with the clutch
master and slave cylinders and am already running into problems from the work
of the POs.

Question #1:  My clutch slave cylinder had two 1/2 inch spacers between the
cylinder and the bell housing.  I assume that these are not stock, and was an
attempt by the PO to make up for a slipping clutch?

Q2:  If the clutch is worn to the point where it was slipping and assuming
that the remedy above fixed it for now, is there any danger of damaging the
flywheel face?  I suppose it all depends on how much the clutch is worn.

Q3:  My clutch master cylinder pushrod had evidently been broken in two
places and welded back together quite badly and is not very straight.  It
measures 4 3/16 inches from the tip to the center of the hole for the pin
that holds it to the pedal.  Is this the correct length?

Q4:  Does anyone have a spare clutch master cylinder pushrod that they would
like to part with?  Even if mine is the correct length, I'd like one that is
at least straight.

Thanks in advance,
Frank Magnusson