Re: Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A

To: Dave_Rupert@codl.com
Subject: Re: Body tub compatibility between 3 and 3A
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 19:07:20 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Does anyone know of the difficulties/differences between the body tubs
      and sheet metal on a TR3 vs. a TR3A?  I am investigating the
      possibility of starting with a widemouth 3A body tub to build a
      smallmouth TR3.

      I have heard of some differences between bonnets and front bulkheads,
      in addition to the front end sheetmetal, that make this job difficult.
      Any additional information and advice would be appreciated. (Yes, I'm
      still debating that ratty looking '57, if I can get the price down!)

      Dave Rupert
      Dave_Rupert@codl.com
      Rupert@oakland-info.com >>

Not much difference for the pre 60000 body tubs. Only thing I can think of is
the hole in the front inner fender wells for the parking lamps, and the
recess for the headlamps. The nosepiece is obviously different and TR3 doors
didn't have exterior handles. Besides the nosepiece and doors the rest of the
sheet metal is identical, I think, for the early 3A's.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4