TR4 Carpet Choices

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Carpet Choices
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 15:01:20 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers

I was going to wait until next year to upgrade my carpets but putting them
back today..... I decided they were just too threadbare, dirty and sun
damaged.   Some PO had a roll bar with this carpet set and the holes are
not repairable.

I want to use the charcoal gray color loop carpet that is in the Piggott
book.   The only vendor that has this color is MOSS and they are $265.
Brad Kahler has found a guy named Walker that has made him a set for
$149... with some problems of fit due to a mix up of TR4 vs TR4A..... but
Brad is satisfied with the quality.   TRF doesn't carry charcoal gray...
only black... but their loop carpet set is $400.

Can anybody comment on the quality, fit and finish of the MOSS set vs the
TRF set.  What accounts for the $140 difference between TRF and MOSS.  Do
they both use a two piece approach to the gearbox tunnel?   How's the fit
around the handbrake?

Did anybody else try the Walker carpet sets.

TIA

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site