Re: Help: Rich mixture TR3

To: amdixon@erols.com
Subject: Re: Help: Rich mixture TR3
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 05:58:53 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/5/99 2:59:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, amdixon@erols.com
writes:

<< Any thoughts on how to lean out the mixture on a 59 TR3 with the H6 SU's?
 I've tried the LM needles and it didn't seem to make any difference.
 They were rich so I rebuilt them (not the shafts - leakage there should lean
 them out?) to no avail.
 Engine was rebuilt about 50 miles ago then sat for a couple of years -
 started occasionally. Engine fires right up. Why not? It runs like the
choke's
 on. Runs strong.
 Any hints on what to look for?
 TIA
 Andy D.  >>

Maybe too obvious, but I didn't see it in the original post. Have you tried
adjusting the mixture screw/nut on the bottom of the carbs? Beyond that I'd
look at the float bowl adjustment.
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B