Re: Another Bagpipe Joke

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>, "Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another Bagpipe Joke
From: Cameron Greig <cameron@enterprise.net>
Date: Wed, 5 May 99 14:27:21 +0100
John wrote!!

>Given all the bagpipe jokes on the list lately, I thought it was
>funny that this joke showed up elsewhere:
>
>>Donald MacDonald from the Isle of Skye went to study at an English
>>university and was living in the hall of residence with all the other
>>students there. After he had been there a month, his mother came to visit
>>him.
>>
>>"And how do you find the English students, Donald?" she asked.
>>
>>"Mother," he replied, "they're such terrible, noisy people. The one on that
>>side keeps banging his head on the wall and won't stop. The one on the
>>other side screams and screams all night."
>>
>>"Oh Donald! How do you manage to put up with these awful noisy English
>>neighbors?"
>>
>>"Mother, I do nothing. I just ignore them. I just stay here quietly,
>>playing my bagpipes."
>
>===================
>
>John Lye
>rjl6n@Virginia.edu

OK thatıs it!!   I put up with the Star Trek jokes but now its bagpipes.We're
only a small nation, around 5 million (in Scotland),we keep ourselves to
ourselves.You may come across some Scots in the more deprived areas of the
world carrying out missionary work  Some of our number have felt obliged to
stay on in certain countries where we felt they would struggle with out us.
However everything changes from tomorrow.For the first time in almost 300 years
Scotland will elect its own parliament.At present Scots dominate the UK
parliament,an infiltration that the English seen to have missed,but from July
when the Scottish parliament takes power everything will change.This will be
the signal for Scots all over the world to take up their bagpipes and play for
world domination!!

Cameron

OK so it's a boring day in work!