TR6 Carpet (was Big plugs in TR-250 floor pans)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Carpet (was Big plugs in TR-250 floor pans)
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@vic.bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 11:56:28 +1000
At 1:52 AM +1000 8/5/99, ArthurK101@aol.com wrote:
>The "big plugs in the TR 250 floor pans are to seal the jacking holes which
>were stamped for use with the TR4 jacks.   Floor pans are the same for
>TR4/4A/5/250/6.

Does this explain why the carpet on the floor of a TR6 is in two pieces
with the front part held down with press studs.  I had often wondered why
it was not in one piece, but parhaps it is a legacy of the TR4, where the
carpet had to be pulled back to expose the jacking hole.  If there are no
other reasons, I think I will get the replacement carpets made in one piece.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U