RE: Distributor weights

To: "'Adrian Jones'" <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Distributor weights
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 11:20:25 -0700
Adrian :

This may be normal, if the points are touching the cam.  Another
possibility is that the point cam is a little stiff rotating against the
shaft.  Disassemble, clean, lube with light engine oil.

The only way to correctly test the springs is to check the centrifugal
advance against the specs, either with a timing light or by taking the
dizzy to a shop with a machine.

Randall