Re: TR3 Body Dip

To: walker05@camosun.bc.ca, Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Body Dip
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 05:33:54 PDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>and it left quite a nasty "scar".  Rust-Mort is a high percentage of
>phosphoric acid, which is probably similar to what's used in a dip tank.

   I think most strippers use an alkaly-type of stripping agent and
   yes, it generally is not good for non-ferrous materials including
   aluminum. I'm not sure but I think the stripper is similar to the
   stuff machine shops use in a hot tank. This will also include the
   body caulk or whatever they call that seam sealing material.

   Phosphoric acid is also used but not as the primary stripping
   agent. It is used to kill the alkaly stripper and to etch the
   steel for painting...

   At least that's wht I remember... I could be wrong, of course

   Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)