Re: Don't dip that in acid just yet...

To: "Allen Patterson" <kormanfastbmw@worldnet.att.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Don't dip that in acid just yet...
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 13:11:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

-----Original Message-----
From: Allen Patterson <kormanfastbmw@worldnet.att.net>
To: triumphs@autox.team.net <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 9:28 AM
Subject: Don't dip that in acid just yet...

>There's a far better way to get the body, frame, etc. clean without the
>drawbacks of acid or chemical dipping. It's called media blasting.  Just
>like sand blasting, except fine plastic granules are used.  This gets
>rid of all paint, rust, corrosion, etc. WITHOUT imparting any texture to
>the metal or warping panels.  Most places charge by the hour.   We have
>a place here in NC that does it, check your local yellow pages before
>you dip.
>Allen

But, you can only get the rust off of the outer surfaces. This is fine for a
southern or western USA car, but up here in the Rust Belt, media blasting is
only half a solution. I did my Tiger with the Redi Strip process, and had no
regrets. !2 years later, not one speck of rust has show up anywhere on the
car.