Re: GT6 carb conversion

To: LBPB1@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT6 carb conversion
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:12:54 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'm running triple 40DCOEs with the resultant bump in the GT-6 bonnet so I
do not have personal experience with what I'm about to suggest:   If you
are looking for a near stock look, I would suggest the intake and carbs (CD
175s) from a TR-6.  Need to check cross car clearance between the head and
the inner fender because the TR-6 intake may be slightly wider (from head
flange to carb flange).  I know there was a factory "sport" intake (or
maybe it was a stock TR-6 intake from a different year) that was wider than
the stock intake that I had on my '71 TR-6 that most likely would not clear
the GT-6 inner fender.  Just saw an add in Grass Roots Motorsports mag for
the TR-6 triple Stromberg set up - $349 for the manifold kit from Richard
Good at (610) 777-4457.  I have no knowledge how well the triple Stromberg
set up works.