RE: TR6 rear rebush finished! Thanks, and some observations for novices

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 rear rebush finished! Thanks, and some observations for novices from one ( long)
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:53:42 -0700
Keith :

Glad it turned out so well.

One comment I'd like to share with the list : while cinder blocks are fine
for what Keith did, don't EVER use them to hold a car up where it would
hurt anything/body if it fell.  I used to use them as a "poor man's jack
stand" when I was young and foolish, 'till one day my '62 Chevy crushed
both of them just as I was getting ready to slide underneath !   The car
had been sitting on them for several hours, and no one was touching it when
they let go.  No warning or anything, just CRUNCH and the car sitting there
in a pile of chunks.

Randall

<interesting story snipped>