Re: spring spacer

To: "dac" <dac@hawaii.rr.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spring spacer
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 13:57:16 -0400
Message text written by "dac"
>The springs are 9 3/8". The spacer is about 1". Moss shows the
longer spring as 10 1/4". The catalog also says short springs are
not available.<

Yes and the TR4A spring was supposed to be around 11 inches. It is difficult to
tell, but it appears that the 11" spring took no spacer.  The extra length
accomodated the lack of spacer.

I am not sure what to make of the realtively short length (8.8) of the
moss blue mild comp springs.  They are progressive-style unlike the
originals.  Clearly there is going to be less preload of the spring
than the original long springs (compression built-in to the suspension
even at full downward deflection).

I guess I just need to take it on faith and try it.  If I need to
add a spacer to get hte correct ride height, then so be it...

-Tony