TR6 turn signal flashers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 turn signal flashers
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:50:26 -0500
Cc: kehrlich@dyax.com

> Hi Listers-
>
> Yesterday I replaced the aftermarket turn signal flasher unit with
> another off-the -shelf generic replacement with the hopes it would click
> more loudly since I can't see the flashing light in the dash with the
> top down. No luck.
>
> Does anyone know the electrical specs I should look for in a flasher
> unit that could be swapped in? I ask, because to get the volume level, I
> think I will need a flasher out of a truck, or Mercedes or the like to
> get a good and audible click and these might opr might not not be
> compatible.
>
> Any ideas would be much appreciated.

My TR3 turn signals would not cancel dependably, so I put a cheap (about $2)
micro-buzzer from Radio Shack in the turn indicator lamp circuit.  I tried it
out under the hood first, but could not hear it very well so it ended up under
the dash, just tied up with a cable tie.  It is not a pleasant tone, but sure
don't forget to cancel the turn signal now.
Richard