Re: TR6 turn signal flashers

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 turn signal flashers
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 07:10:17 -0700
There is a good aftermarket flasher out there. You can find it at autopart
stores. I found mine at AutoZone. It makes a real good audible click and looks
heavy duty(thick windings, contacts, real copper, ect). I use one for my turn
signal and another for my hazard flashers. One problem, I can't remember the
make. The casing is a dark smoke plastic. I'll check my car at lunch and let
you know. Seems like they were $7 each(expensive for flashers as Buzz makes a
$2 one you can find at Walmart) but it was well worth it.

--

On Fri, 28 May 1999 08:50:26   rtriplett wrote:

>> Hi Listers-
>>
>> Yesterday I replaced the aftermarket turn signal flasher unit with
>> another off-the -shelf generic replacement with the hopes it would click
>> more loudly since I can't see the flashing light in the dash with the
>> top down. No luck.
>>
>> Does anyone know the electrical specs I should look for in a flasher
>> unit that could be swapped in? I ask, because to get the volume level, I
>> think I will need a flasher out of a truck, or Mercedes or the like to
>> get a good and audible click and these might opr might not not be
>> compatible.
>>
>> Any ideas would be much appreciated.
>
>My TR3 turn signals would not cancel dependably, so I put a cheap (about $2)
>micro-buzzer from Radio Shack in the turn indicator lamp circuit.  I tried it
>out under the hood first, but could not hear it very well so it ended up under
>the dash, just tied up with a cable tie.  It is not a pleasant tone, but sure
>don't forget to cancel the turn signal now.
>Richard

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com