Re: Torque Settings

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Torque Settings
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 21:45:21 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hans,

I agree with Barry.   If the bearing shells are installed right you CAN'T
tighten up the crank journals in any way that will put drag on of stop the
smooth movement of the crank.  Same goes for the rod bearings.

Something's not right.  The bearing shells go back into the journal caps
with a positioning notch that must be engaged.  Did you get some dirt of
grit on the bearing surface.  Something is filling the precisely machined
clearances.

Another thought is the rod caps and on the 6 the center main caps are
numbered.  They must be replaced in there original positions.  The whole
block and caps combo was line bored at the factory.

Good Luck

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site