Workbench and shelf building

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Workbench and shelf building
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 18:21:22 -0700
Triumph afficianados:

I'm seriously sick and tired of my messy garage.  I'm ready to do some
serious work in there to create a suitable mechanikin' environment, with
good bench surfaces and storage shelves.  Trouble is, I'm not really a
carpenter.  Nor do I have carpenter's tools (no... really?).

My question is, does anyone have any slick, simple, STURDY and
easy-to-build ideas for constructing shelves and workbenches?  Or, does
anyone have any cool internet resources for same?  I've visited the
"Ultimate Garage" website (www.ultimategarage.com) and it's cool but hey...
I'm not a millionaire!!

I've got a 22 X 24 foot garage and two cars.  Currently I have absolutely
NO built-in shelving.  I would like to sheetrock the interior walls, paint
the floor with gray epoxy, and build shelves and benches, and install
decent overhead lighting.  Somehow.  I don't even know if I can do it,
skill-wise.

Any economical yet effective ideas would be tremendously appreciated.

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6