Re: Major TR250 progress and some questions (seats, body, IL registratio

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Major TR250 progress and some questions (seats, body, IL registration)
From: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:00:35 -0700
Cc: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Malcolm & Skip,

The white gunk is seam sealer... should be available in brands other
than Seal-All at auto body supply shop in three forms: a caulking style
tube, brush on like a heavy paint or rolls that you form to the shape
you need. All are non-hardening and can be painted over.

I believe the rubber strips on the frame are glued to the frame but not
the body. I'd use something like 3M Weatherstrip adhesive.

Also there are some body alignment issues, mainly the round mounting
pads get "stacked" to align the body with the frame. There may be
multiple layers of pads on the out-rigger body attachment points, as an
adjustment, too.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L