Re: Help: TR3A overdrive switch location.

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help: TR3A overdrive switch location.
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 08:19:02 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
> The hole is supposed to be present in the steel dash in non-OD
> cars, but you will have to cut a hole in the vinyl.

Listers,

"SUPPOSED TO" are the operative words. Randall you are absolutely right!

I can confirm that my dash (in TS69032L, now O) does NOT have the D shaped
hole (in the steel behind the vinyl) for the OD switch.  I've been told by
enough people where it should be and I've checked more times than I care to
confess to.  When I have time, I'll cut it out, but until then, a small
switch hangs from two wires under the dash.

BTW - Maybe FT will buy the first lister to show me the D-shaped hole in my
dash a drink.  See y'all (peeking under my dash) at VTR.  ;-)

Regards,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando