Re: Trouble here in river city

To: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Subject: Re: Trouble here in river city
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 08:27:55 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Brian :

Sorry to say this, but IMO you have busted rings (maybe even a busted
piston) in #6.  Which probably means the cylinder walls are shot, too.

The pressure test is a good idea, as there is a slight possibility it is
just a very badly burnt valve.

Driving it without #6 probably won't hurt anything (assuming there
aren't pieces of ring/piston in the oil), but the burnt valve in #1
might possibly ruin the seat (if it hasn't already).  If you are
planning on hardened seats anyway, it doesn't matter.

Randall