Re: Theft Proofing - switch locations anyone?

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Subject: Re: Theft Proofing - switch locations anyone?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 16:24:00 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca wrote:

> Without asking anyone to give out the specifics of their hidden switch
>location,
> how about some general suggestions.  If I were a thief I would first reach /
> look under the dash and then on the floor around the drivers seat for a kill
> switch.

IMHO, the thief is going to try and start the car and drive it away. The
hidden switch/electric fuel pump trick was appealing to me since North
American TR6's have mechanical fuel pumps, so the thief would not be
listening for the sound of an electric fuel pump. The car would start
and drive a short distance away, and then would empty the carb bowls and
quit (ask me how I know ;-) ). No thief wants to attract attention, and
sitting in a dead car in the middle of the street is not where he wants
to be, so rather than look for the switch, typically, the thief would
bolt. It isn't the best solution, but it does help.

Irv
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL