Bio- The Story so far

To: "'List, Triumph'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bio- The Story so far
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:24:49 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi,
        I missed the start of this thread while my e-mail system was being
"migrated" to Microsoft Outlook. Now everything seems to be working again,
here's my Bio;
I'm a 32 year old RF Approvals Engineer for Motorola in Swindon, UK. I was
born and raised in Wales, and first got involved with cars at the age of 19
while in College. I bought my first Midget, which was followed by a 1968
MGBGT once I started work. The Midget was replaced by a Herald 13/60 in
1989, the first of many Triumphs. I got a Herald 1200 Saloon soon after, as
it was more practical for taking girls out in (I still lived with my parents
you understand). In 1990 I moved to Swindon to work, where I have been ever
since, and losing the sobering influence of my parents ("why do you need
another car?"). I moved through a Triumph 2000 to my first Courier Van in
1992. I bought my own house, which gave me more space than I had ever had,
and I soon had more Triumphs than I knew what to do with! Around this time I
met Katherine, a wonderful person who lived with me until her sudden death
in 1996. I suddenly found myself spending most of my time travelling between
Swindon and South Wales where my parents still live, and I needed a more
refined vehicle which didn't need so much attention - I was in no frame of
mind for car maintenance - so I bought a Toyota MR2, my first and only
modern car.
        October 1998 saw me marrying Karen, who actually owned a Triumph
when we met. The MR2 was replaced by a 1973 Spitfire, which took us on
Honeymoon. Karen has given me every support possible since we met, including
my purchase of Y128, the earliest known Herald - this could have been one
project too far for most women!
        To date I have owned 4 Spitfires, 1 Dolomite, 1 2000Mk1, 1 GT6 Mk1,
2 Standard Atlases and 27 Heralds (including 3 Courier Vans)! I am currently
buying a larger house, after which my Herald 1200 will get its new chassis,
and I can then start the rebuild of Y128. I am also continually researching
the production history of the Triumph Herald, in an effort to produce a
definitive guide to originality. The current fleet is made up mainly of
early Heralds, as you can see from my sig file.
        Next February will see the birth of our first child, so all plans
for the next few years are tentative,
        Cheers,
                Bill.

    ^================^
   /                  \
  /                    \
 __ __________________ __
/  \  ______  ______  /  \
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/
|    A \____||____/ A    |
| =  H              H  = |
=====U==============U=====
\________________________/
 | |                  | |
 |_|                  |_|

Sent By
William Davies - Triumph Enthusiast

1959 Herald Coupe Y128             - The Earliest Known Herald - project
1959 Herald Coupe                  - "maybe one day" project
1959 Herald Saloon                 - Awaiting an engine and brakes
1960 Herald Saloon Personal Export - Rescued Car - For Sale
1961 Herald 'S' Saloon             - Rescued Car - For Sale
1964 Herald 1200 Saloon            - Daily transport for 5 years
1969 Spitfire MkIII                - Coming home soon - project
1973 Spitfire MkIV                 - Nice and original, temporary daily
transport
1959 Standard Atlas Pickup         - Half owned with a friend - project
(and Custodian of the Wife's 1500 Dolomite - in the family from new!)