Re: Crankshaft TDC

To: "Ronald A. Dowty" <rdowty@iso.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft TDC
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:21:00 -0700
Check out http://www.cranecams.com/instructions/degreeing/degree.htm for
instructions on degreeing a cam with a dial gauge, including finding TDC
with the head installed.  You can make a piston stop from an old spark
plug by breaking out the ceramic and threading the plug shell for a
bolt.  Cut the head of the bolt off, so that 2-3" protrudes from the
plug shell, and round off the cut end with a grinder.

IMO if you are going to do all that work to degree your cam, it's
definitely worthwhile to double check TDC.

Randall