Re: Terrible engine noise -- NOW WITH BETTER EXPLANATION OF SOUND

To: econrad <econrad@teal.csn.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Terrible engine noise -- NOW WITH BETTER EXPLANATION OF SOUND
From: Anthony Zager <wipey@tranquility.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:26:17 +0000
I've been following this thread for the last day or so, and I've had experience
with this before, so I'll chime in.  I had a Mk 3 Spit that was making this
same noise.  It was the rod and main bearings, just about to give it up.  (my
thrust washers were toast, too...)
I think I'd avoid driving it until you get that oil pan off and take a look at
those bearings.  It's not all that diffucult, and you may just save your crank,
although with the oil pressure you've described, I'm not all that
optimisic.....

Tony Zager
1963 TR4