Re: aftermarket seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: aftermarket seats
From: "Accumap Services Ltd." <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:50:16 -0700
I have a seat I don't want anymore.

It's an "ASS" brand I bought March 12, 1979 for $300, list price was
$357.95. (You can have the receipt too). (I'm 6'3" and my head was sticking
above the roll bar and the steering wheel was rubbing on my leg. I bought
the seat because it had a very cool name (badge conspicuous in the middle
of the back). I think it is a German make. It fit me way better than the
Ricarros, nice tall hip huggers, I'm 200lbs. It has a lumbar adjustment and
a headrest I never used (paid $31, list $36.95). It has rails that were
never installed. I just had it wedged in and the seat belt reefed down. The
naugahide is cut where it was against the roll bar and the foam is crushed
with a small tear where I always hit the edge as I got in. It has a small
burn hole in the seat but all in all it looks great unless you look closely.

It served me well but as the years went on I didn't enjoy falling into the
seat anymore so I'm back to the original. I was thinking of asking $100
Canadian. Any takers? Make me an offer if that sounds high.

Rod Knox
1967 TR4A - CT 67907
purchased 1975