SU rebuilding

To: <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: SU rebuilding
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 11:59:58 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Malcolm,

I did mine last winter with great success.  You'll be glad you did it --
mine has never run so well.

First I sent mine to Apple Hydraulics for rebushing and new shafts.  (If you
do this, contact me offline and I'll fill you in on a problem you have to
watch for).

I know of no other tricks, but I think I soaked my cork gaskets in water
rather then oil.  Worked fine.

The most important thing I can recommend:  Find a large, clear exploded
diagram of the carb assemblies.  I had several, and some definitely were
better and more useful than others.  The one enclosed with the rebuild kit I
bought was generic and not too helpful.  Good luck.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B