Re: looking for stromberg needles

To: Jane Burdekin <burdekij@bvsd.k12.co.us>
Subject: Re: looking for stromberg needles
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 03:45:49 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jane :

As it happens, I was reading Kas Kastner's Competition Preparation
Manual for the TR4/A today, and he suggests using SU needles if the
appropriate Stromberg needles can't be found.  He says to "wrap a small
piece of .006" brass shim stock around the shank or fitted end of a SU
needle; remove the formed tube of shim stock, and cut it in half down
the length of the tube.  Now fit the SU needle to the Stromberg piston
and slide the half-tube of shim stock in next to the needle shank
opposite the piston set screw.".
Of course, this leaves the question of which needle.  I'd guess the SM
needles (standard needles for TR3/4 with SU carbs) would work OK, but
it's strictly a guess.

Randall