Re:Reverse light switch location

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Reverse light switch location
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:39:05 -0700
>Sorry if this is a repeat, not sure the first time went thru.
>
>Hi,
>
>I just picked up a '71 Stag that had a ford v6 conversion about 10 years
>ago.  I am trying to get this car from barn storage condition to street
>condition.  One of the snags I am running into is the reverse lights.  Where
>was the original switch? On the tranny? What I really need to do is find the
>wires that go to the switch.  Do these wires run from the engine compartment
>back to the tranny?  What colors are these wires?   Many of the underhood
>wires were cut, or otherwise mutilated, so any idea of the route these wires
>take would be a great help
>
>Thanks,
>
>Lee Thompson

Lee.........it sounds like your in need of a good electrical schematic.
Most good workshop manuals have them inside (aka Bently/Haynes). If your
trying to track down hacked-up wiring, it's nice to have some sort of
reference. Been there done that one already (2many times actually.):-(.

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!