Ignition Timing Gen.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Timing Gen.
From: <ow@tquest.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 7:56:57 GMT
Hi there gurus.  There are often several serial numbers for distributors for
production runs of an engine type.  Although these engines seem identical
the ignition timing correct settings often read differently.  When fitting a
new distributor of the same type eg Lucas 45D4 which has a different timing
numbers quoted for it do you set it up for the new or old timing values.  In
essence, do you ignition time for the old block's setting or the new
distributors quoted setting?  Can anyone tell me where these variations
arise?  One only has to look at the Haynes Manual for the Mini to see the
timing variations over the years!  I've often wondered about this and now
need your help again to get the Triumph fired up!  Cheers, OJ.

--
O J Harvey
Techniquest Exhibit Development

Phone: +44 (0) 1222 475 475
  Fax: +44 (0) 1222 482 517
  Web: http://www.tquest.org.uk/

Techniquest is a Company Limited by Guarantee.
Registered in England & Wales.  No.1955696.
Registered Charity  No.517722.