RE: TR7 Spyder/Sprint

To: <Day.John@fin.gc.ca>
Subject: RE: TR7 Spyder/Sprint
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:09:31 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>

>If I had a choice of a limited edition TR7, I would go for the
>Sprint version, with the 16V Dolomite Sprint engine. Sadly, they
>never made their way to North America, at least officially. Any
>Listers out there in the world have one, by chance, or have driven one?

John,

One of the New Jersey Triumph Association's members, Nick Hanges, is an LBC
mechanic.  He a TR7 with the Sprint/Dolly engine in it.  I've never been in
it, but I heard it running.  It doesn't sound like a TR7 engine.  Nick says
it's very fast.  BTW - Nick has built some pretty fast TR's, so...... I'd be
inclined to believe it's a sweet engine.

Later,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando