Stalled after the mother of all puddles

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stalled after the mother of all puddles
From: HMENTZEN@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 06:02:15 EDT
I'm looking for suggestions to get the 79 Spit running again. It died as I
was going through a busy intersection and I was able to coast to a stop off
the road. I waited for about 10 minutes before trying to start it. It cranked
but wouldn't catch. It puffed once but just wouldn't start. I left the car in
 a driveway( the woman was very nice about it) I plan to try to start it this
morning but I'll bring a dry set of plugs to try. I think I must have flooded
it. I'm looking for other suggestions. Wiping out the dist. cap didn't make
any difference. TIA
Hans Mentzen  & Sarah Berhardt (79 Spit)