Re: FW: TR3A Question

To: "'Mark.Grafstrom@barco.com'" <Mark.Grafstrom@barco.com>
Subject: Re: FW: TR3A Question
From: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:38:48 -0400
Cc: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>u>
Mark,

Been there, done that, know three other guys with the same shirt.
I had the same thing with my TR4A front end, there was a thread
on this two years ago (look for Peter Zaborski's name in the
archives.)

When you get the load back on the front wheels, and get the wheels on
the ground, they will probably be easy to turn again.  Its counter-
intuitive, and I'm not sure I've figured exactly why this happens, but
here's my idea: with the wheels off the ground, the spring
forces the control arms down and the ball joint stud sideways
until the ball joint stud binds up.

You can check your front end by putting the wheels back on
the ground, getting several hundred pounds of weight on the
front (more if the engine is out), then trying the wheels.

Cliff Hansen
chansen@access1.net
1966 TR-4A CTC 64615L